When I went home for the break, I remember having a day where it felt like everything was wrong with the world. My friend Lauren told me to make a list of ten things I was thankful for even if they were super minor things. This list is a couple of months old but I decided to share it here… maybe it will inspire you to make your own list.
1. Knowing how precious air conditioning is because the air conditioning didn’t work one summer.
2. The fact that I have a way to travel 5 hours home to be with my family… Cuz a couple times I’ve gotten really close to being stranded at school
3. I’m thankful for the fact that I have the opportunity to go to a huge university and get an education.
4. My whole family is healthy.
5. As a family we stick together and love each other.
6. We have unlimited Internet.
7. We have enough warm bodies and blankets to always stay warm.
8. Right now there are six of us on my moms bed which is a California king. We are allenjoying each others company.
9. I have the opportunity to spend a lot of time with my mom when I am at home. When I wrote the list she was in bed with a hurt back and we just hung out in bed all day with each other.
10. Having two working cars that can take us where we need.